Sunday, February 26, 2012

Process of Elimination

In order to really try and focus in on where the Candida is coming from and the best way to treat it, I have decided to make a slight change in my initial plan.

I have been on Yaz for a few years now to help manage the cysts that I have on my ovaries. And, of course, it also has added benefits. I know what you might be thinking..."How can someone that is so interested in health continue to put that poison in their body?" I have tried to come off of the pill in the past, but the many side effects caused me to just go right back on it. I didn't have the time to deal with the ridiculous head aches, water retention, aches all over, irritability, etc. This is another thing that I mentioned to the doctor and they rolled their eyes at me.

So, after much research I have found that any type of pill that alters hormones can cause Candida to take over and host a "sit in" inside of the digestive tract. This isn't to say that I won't have to change my diet at all, but by stopping it without making a drastic diet change, I will be able to see if the pill is a major cause for me.

These next few weeks will be hard and a challenge. I can already feel the brain fog coming on and the headaches. Lots of water. Lots of veggies. And maybe a piece of chocolate here and there...

1 comment:

  1. Sarah Anfora:

    What a wonderful person you are! I wish I had a "HankCare" plan for you so you would immediatley have first-class health insurance. Hang in there and keep doing great things.

    ReplyDelete